I then overheard an English-speaking guide, and followed the voice to a pretty garden and the "I Love You" wall. I took the guide's word on authority that "I Love You" appears in over 300 different languages.
Didn't make it to your favorite Paris museum? No worries. At €5 a pop, you can create your own personal museum of the masters.
And speaking of art, and tourists, before long I found myself in Place du Tertre. All of the artists were very eager to paint, sketch, or caricature me, and I became easily annoyed with the constant, "Madame, Madame, I paint your picture?" every five steps.
Won't she be surprised when she sees the finished sketch?
Worse were the "artists" who suddenly appeared in front of you with a sketchpad to create the next "masterpiece."
Dodging the artists gave me an appetite, and this little restaurant down a relatively quiet street called to me. No more than eight tables, and run by a non-nonsense grand-mere; I settled into a table in the back for an enjoyable lunch.
Somewhere between the pot au feu and the apple tartin of my prix fixe lunch I lost my interest in wandering over to the Moulin Rouge, so I decided to wrap up the afternoon with a stroll past Sacre Coeur.
Sweet. A wedding photo shoot.
I wonder if she's wearing tennis shoes, too?
I'm adept at avoiding the guys hawking tourist junk and knock-off handbags, but I did stop to ask this street vendor if the corn really was from Virginia. I was more tempted by the roasted chestnuts, though, just the snack to enjoy as I made my way back to the apartment.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.