Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year's Hangover in the Vineyard

Our first trip up in the new year.  Barely light snow was falling this morning, but already the road crews were out. I don't know what this means for the rest of the day, but if it's more snow, I am ready. Clayton Theodore gifted me a gift card for Christmas to one of the major outdoor outfitters, so I donned my new parka and hiking boots and off we set.  He is such a thoughtful gift giver.
January looks very much like December in the vineyards.
Except for all the litter left behind by the New Year's Eve partygoers.
 French sardines in a tin?  Not what I would eat to ring in the new year.


No "A" for effort from me.

Tomorrow I guess I'll be prepared with a larger bag, to scoop the irresponsible partygoers "poop."





3 comments:

  1. There should be a rule that messy people take their mess with them. We are lucky - we do not have party people in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And excuse me for being bold - but may I suggest that you remove word veri from your blog. This is tedious beyond belief for commenters. I removed mine more than a year ago and blogger removes 99.9% of spam - and anything at all with a link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Badger, thanks for your comments. I'm surprised that the Stadtpark wasn't a mess on New Year's Day? Or, likely, there were trash receptacles for partygoers to use. The vineyards aren't "public" so to speak, so the area is a free for all for the irresponsible.

    p.s. The blogging grammar advice is duly noted. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.