But no, I am not posting another photo of the 4cm expected today, the 3cm expected tomorrow, or the 3cm expected on Wednesday. I have better photos to post, like some from the charming coffee haus hosted by the German I students at AIS last week.
Individual menus prepared by the students, offering both the traditional and the unexpected. Some menus were simply written on paper; Anna Grace went all out with hers.
Coffee and apfel strudel. Traditional.
Gummi bears, gummi worms, gummi frogs, and potato chips. Unexpected.
The underlying purpose of the coffee haus was to showcase the students' language abilities. Each student presented a short biography of themselves, auf Deutsch, naturlich; where they were from, what additional languages they spoke, what activities they enjoyed, and so on. For many of the students German was their third language, and for others, their fourth and even fifth language! Amazing.
Photos of the 21st century Austrian "S&H Green Stamps" that I used to see in my grandmother's purses? More interesting than photos of Austrian snow. The current promotion at one of the major grocery store chains here is Italian-made flatware. The previous promotion was luggage, which didn't inspire me. I'm into this one, though.
Having to feed a teenage boy means I accumulate my "stamps" quickly. (I also benefitted from an unexpected largess; a strip of 35 stamps lying in the parking lot, and a customer ahead in line who gave their stamps to me.) My iced-tea spoon, dessert fork, and coffee spoon collections will look pretty on the table, though the mismatched pieces of silver flatware we use now are charming in their own way...
Just a few more stamps needed for service for 8. I think I'll make it.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.